Grandmas date cake was a favorite treat my brother and I enjoyed as children.
The ingredient of Tanyas Date Cake
- 8 ounces dates, pitted
- 1u2009u00be cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- u00bd cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- u00be cup hot water, or as needed
The instruction how to make Tanyas Date Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch round springform pan.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. mount up dates and cook until softened, roughly more or less 5 minutes. Drain dates and transfer to a food processor. Puree dates into a smooth paste.
- Sift together flour and baking soda into a large bowl. trouble in chopped walnuts until combine and set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl once an electric mixer until blithe and fluffy. Slowly add beaten eggs, allowing them to sufficiently fusion into the butter mixture. excite in arena dates and amalgamation until combined. Pour in flour fusion and work up behind a wooden spoon until just incorporated. ensue 3/4 cup hot water or as needed to thin the cruelty into a pourable consistency. Transfer the harm to the prepared pan.
- Bake cake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes in advance removing to cool unconditionally roughly a wire rack.
Nutritions of Tanyas Date Cakecalories: 737.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 90.7 g
cholesterolContent: 174.3 mg
fatContent: 40 g
fiberContent: 4.6 g
proteinContent: 9.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 20.9 g
sodiumContent: 465.2 mg
sugarContent: 57.5 g