Corn adds sweetness and crunch to this Mexican rice salad, served as a side or a vivacious lunch.
The ingredient of Mexican bean and rice salad
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 420g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roomy mint leaves
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup additional supplementary virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Mexican bean and rice salad
- Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Rinse sedated Cool water. Drain. Cool.
- Place corn, beans, rice, avocado, mint, chilli, lime rind, lime juice and oil in a bowl. Season subsequently salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Mexican bean and rice saladcalories: 405.822 calories
fatContent: 23 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 2 grams sugar
proteinContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 189.89 milligrams sodium